3 Things to Consider When Choosing a Videography App for Android
by Nathaniel Cooper, on Mar 17, 2021 11:02:35 PM
If you are looking for a videography app for android, chances are you may have already stumbled across a lot of them on the internet - some free, some paid.
But are you sure that the app will solve your problems?
For instance, businesses and agencies are constantly looking at newer ways to produce video content on-the-go. To be honest, finding the perfect app is a tough nut to crack. It becomes even more complicated when you need a myriad of built-in features, without burning a hole in your pocket.
We get it (and we have a solution for you)!
Continue reading this article to understand more about the significant features you should consider when installing a videography app on your smartphone.
Check The Features
When choosing the best videography app for your needs, the first thing to remember is what you’ll be using it for. Different apps are tailored for different users and purposes, and choosing the correct app makes the whole process a lot easier.
Usually, most mobile videography apps offer a selection of commonly used features and a simple user interface that makes it easy to use on a small screen. In general, these apps work faster and are more intuitive than videography apps for PCs.
So what are the most significant features?
In our opinion, a perfect videography app should include the following features:
- It allows you to record high-quality videos
- It contains a simple and straightforward user interface
- The file size (APK) should be small
- The app shouldn’t slow down your mobile phone
- It allows you to share and upload videos to the cloud easily
- The app ensures seamless integration with third-party tools
- The app should be compatible with your mobile’s OS
In addition to the aforementioned, storage space is another significant aspect that you should take into account. See if the app you select can manage large video files as you’ll record, edit, and save most of the videos on your mobile device. It should run smoothly without hogging up your phone’s RAM. An optimized videography app is designed to minimize lagging, overheating, or frame drops on your mobile device.
Here’s an example to help you better understand the importance of considering the good features. Let’s suppose that ABC Agency plans to gather video testimonials from its customers to use it in their next marketing campaign. They want to do it economically and are on the lookout for a videography app.
Is there an app that fits their requirements?
Of course! Allow us to introduce NextFrame by ProMax - a new-age videography app for iOS and Android. With this app, ABC Agency can collect high-resolution videos from its customers - without even leaving the office premises. With this program on the phone, the marketing team just needs to build a project or blueprint to discuss. All they need to do is add the details, hit Send, and the app will guide the recipients through the recording process.
There’s no need to invest in any additional equipment or tools. Unlike other apps, Nextframe is an all-in-one video testimonial app for all your video marketing needs. Use it to film high-quality consumer testimonials from your phone and send the videos directly from the cloud to a desktop app where the editor can handle the content and import the full-resolution video to edit.
Learn how NextFrame helps eliminate risks associated with mobile videography. Here are some standout features of NextFrame:
- Cross-platform compatibility
- Gather high-resolution footage without using the device's memory
- Record on a mobile device
- Respond to assigned projects
- Submit videos directly
- No need to schedule shoots
- No additional equipment
- Cost-effective and scalable
Why not try the app for yourself? Sign up for the NextFrame Beta Program.
Evaluate App Protection
Smartphones are costly and contain a lot of information. Some apps may contain malware that can tap into your phone and steal personal information. Though Google vets applications before uploading them to the Play Store, a few malicious apps creep through at times—and can attract millions of downloads before they’re removed from the store.
Apps, especially videography apps, should be secure. Since you’ll deal with a lot of personally-identifiable data, you must look for an app that provides end-to-end encryption and advanced user-management features.
So how do you evaluate if the videography app you intend to install is safe or not?
Here are a few things that can help you check the credibility of an app:
- Double-check the source - There are thousands of android apps all over the internet. Since the customer-driven mobile app ecosystem is enormous (and expanding rapidly), it is also troubled by limitations. It is in your best interest not to download apps from third-party websites. Likewise, it would help if you refrained from installing modded APKs as they may contain malware. Usually, Google Play Store is the best place to download legitimate apps.
- Review the app permissions - When you download and install an app, you might have noticed that it asks for many permissions. Some apps may want to access your phone’s calendar, gallery, contacts, etc. Although it’s true that apps need to interact with other relevant apps on your phone for optimal performance, some apps ask you to grant access to random features. For instance, a videography app shouldn’t ask the user to give location access. If the APK file you just downloaded is asking for unnecessary privileges, that is a red flag.
- Check the app’s score - When you search for apps on the Google Play Store, you’ll see that each app has a score. The higher the number, the more secure the app. If an app has over a million downloads, it is pretty evident that it performs as intended. Always check the number of downloads an app has garnered before you click on the install button.
- Read the reviews - Customer testimonials are your best bet when evaluating how good an app is. Scroll through the app listing and read existing customer reviews to understand how the app works and if users are satisfied with it.
Finally, keep the budget and general priorities in mind when choosing a videography app. If you're just planning to gather a few generic clips, there's no reason to waste a lot on high-end tech. That said, don't sacrifice the accessibility and features of the app, though, because of the price tag.
Before agreeing to it, estimate how much you wish to spend on the application to budget accordingly. The least you can do is buy without planning, which will only lead you to pay for stuff you don’t need.
Evaluate your brand’s short- and long-term priorities, video marketing approach, and set financially justifiable goals. Considering pricing plans is essential as each app provides varying choices, be it a free plan, monthly subscriptions, enterprise plans, and more.
Numerous free apps offer more than enough specialized features for amateur editors. For instance, NextFrame by ProMax, supports multiple file formats, and includes a plethora of editing, collaboration, and third-party integration features.
This article has outlined some of the significant factors you need to consider when choosing a videography app for android. Take into account what you’ll be using the app for and if you need advanced editing tools or other additional features.
Shop within your budget, check that the app supports multiple file formats, and make sure you find an app that is compatible with your android version.
Suppose you want to cut the hassle of evaluating apps, download NextFrame and take your content marketing to the next level. Not only will you be able to capture hundreds of high-resolution consumer testimonials, expert feedback, guides, and other user-generated content from your mobile device, but you’ll also be able to organize, schedule, collaborate, and manage all videos from a centralized dashboard. It includes a simple and intuitive user interface, convenient editing and sharing options, and contains plenty of editable templates to save time and effort.
There is no need for you to invest in any additional equipment or tools as NextFrame collaborates with ProMax Systems, covering all aspects of video storage, editing, and collaboration. Get in touch with our dedicated team of professionals to learn more about our affordable and fast-sharing storage video editing workflows.