Client example of moving Apple Xsan storage to a new high performance video network, while maintaining your fibre channel storage array.
- Connect both the Platform & Xsan to a workstation
- Transfer data from your Xsan storage to your ProMAX Platform
- Remove/Repurpose the metadata controller (it's no longer needed)
- Put one of your Fibre Channel HBA's into the ProMAX Platform server
- Connect existing Fibre Channel storage
- Reformat Fibre Channel storage
- Edit & enjoy!
Learn more about migrating from Xsan to a high performance network for video editing.